We all know what social media is.
It’s not “ignore-able” anymore. Our parents (and a few grandparents) also have Facebook accounts!
What we might not realize is that it is the fastest growing channel to market your business and grow your audience.
According to a report, even though the population of the world has increased to over 7 billion, 1 out of every 5 humans has a Facebook account.
According to Neil Patel – If Facebook were a country, it would be the biggest country in the world.
So, it goes without us saying it out loud. If you aren’t using social media to market yourself – you are lagging behind in the internet race.
SMM is nothing but a form of internet marketing that uses social media platforms to achieve desired results. It is process of creating useful content and tailoring to the context of each individual social media platform to gain visibility, shares and increase your traffic.
Isn’t that your business goal? Get relevant traffic to your website!
How does SMM work?
- First and foremost, you will need relevant and valuable content which your buyers want to read and you want to promote.
- Social media marketing includes activities like posting content, image updates, videos, paid social media marketing (sponsored posts, advertisements, promoted posts etc.) or any other form of content that drives engagement.
- The content for social media marketing can be anything – Facebook status update or a photo on Instagram or a tweet or a pin to a board on Pinterest or even a video on Vine.
How do you go about it?
Start with a plan. Social Media Marketing is so huge that you will get lost in it if you do not have a focused strategy.
Ask yourself some basic questions
- What are we here to achieve ?
- Who is your target audience ?
- Where do they hang out the most ?
- What do they want to read etc. ?
Answering these questions will help you develop a social media marketing strategy which drives business results and conversions.
Why is social media marketing important?
Social Media Marketing can help you achieve a lot and the top benefits are
- Increasing website traffic (and getting interested buyers)
- Increasing conversion rates
- Expanding brand visibility and awareness
- Creating an identity for your brand
- Communicating with target audience and gain their trust
- We specialize in LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter and Facebook and keep up with their changes to algorithms.
- We will help you set up optimized profiles for the said platforms (Read about our SMO services here).
- We manage day to day social media campaign activities.
- We do it in an organized way – we create a social media editorial calendar for you.
- We take time in understanding your targeted buyers and develop a SMM strategy accordingly. Well, we understand that your buyers are not hanging out on each of the platforms the same way.
- We target and focus on the platforms where your target buyer hangs out the most.
- We share your content in a way which drives traffic and leads to your website.
- We engage your customer base.
- We also help you with optimizing social media if you want. You can read about it here
- We help you evaluate the strategies and see what is working better.
- We regularly update our strategies to ensure you get best ROI.
One survey found that 50% of companies that aren’t succeeding with SEO aren’t integrating social media marketing.